Reiki is a spiritual healing art with its roots in Japanese origin. The word Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy.” Reiki is the spiritually guided life energy that flows through all living things. Reiki Practitioners understand that everyone has the ability to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen energy in themselves and help others. It is believed that a person’s “ki” or energy should be strong and free flowing. When this is true a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health. When the energy becomes weak or blocked it could lead to symptoms of physical or emotional imbalance.
Rev. Shannon was first certified as a Reiki Jin Kei Do practitioner in 2012 and has continued studying in advancing levels with her Reiki teacher, Patricia Warren. “Jin Kei Do” means the way of wisdom and compassion.
A Reiki session is comfortable, peaceful, safe, and completely non-invasive. A session is usually 60 to 90 minutes long. Before beginning, Rev. Shannon will describe the session to you and give you an opportunity to discuss any particular problems or issues they are experiencing and will ask what you are hoping to achieve during the session. During Reiki treatments, you will remain fully clothed, resting comfortably on a massage table or sitting in a chair with shoes removed. It is not a massage and there is no manipulation of tissue. Rev. Shannon will hold her hands slightly above or gently with light touch on your physical body as a channel of the Universal light energy for your physical/emotional/spiritual healing, overall well being, and restoration of energy balance and flow throughout your body’s energy system (see Rev. Shannon’s resource for more information about our body’s energy system and the chakras). The session will then proceed with the Reiki Practitioner moving through specific standard Reiki hand positions beginning at the person’s head or feet. A recipient of Reiki might feel a warming sensation or a tingling during the session or nothing at all but sheer relaxation. The session should be very pleasant, relaxing and invigorating.
Reiki works on the spiritual, mental and physical planes, as well as, the energy systems of the body, helping to realign congested areas such as meridians, chakras and elemental channels. Reiki is just as beneficial for us as it is for pets and animals too. Some of the benefits of Reiki include:
- Allowing the release of negative blockages that may be causing physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual challenges or imbalance
- Relaxing the body which aids in reducing stress, lowering blood pressure, and relieving or reducing pain
- Boosting the body’s natural healing abilities and raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Producing a more restful sleep
- Bringing the body into balance, supporting the immune system
- Increasing vitality
- Spiritual growth and overall emotional, mental, and physical wellness
Reiki treatments can be sent through distance Reiki as well as the Universe knows no boundaries of time or space. The healing energy will reach where ever you are located and whatever you may be doing during the time of the session.
Rev. Shannon offers Reiki sessions locally in Hillsborough, NJ, via distance (she will send Reiki energy to you), or at your home or business location for individuals and groups.
Booking Rev. Shannon for a Reiki Treatment
- Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or (908) 864-7094 to check availability for the date, time, and location.
- Cost: 45-minute Reiki treatment ($100); 90-minutes Reiki treatment ($225); Distance Reiki ($35); Package of 7 consecutive days of Distance Reiki ($175).
- 50% deposit secures your date, time, and location. Remaining 50% due at time of Reiki treatment (100% due at time of scheduling Distance Reiki).