All couples welcome! Whether you are planning a small wedding or elopement or a large gala wedding, Rev. Shannon works with you to create the ceremony of your dreams with a heart-felt, personalized, and meaningful ceremony that expresses your love and commitment to each other. She officiates for all couples, paths, and faiths, including those who are spiritual but not religious and others who prefer a secular ceremony.
Rev. Shannon is an ordained interfaith/interspiritual minister, affiliated with One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in New York City, NY, and is permitted to legally officiate, without question, in all 50 states and its territories. On each wedding day, her goal is to be a calming and loving presence amidst the chaos which can occur before a wedding. She performs weddings in New Jersey and is available to travel to other states and destinations to officiate ceremonies.
Your Wedding Ceremony Includes:
- Loving and nonjudgmental support throughout the process
- A personalized ceremony created just for you
- Prompt responses to your emails and voice messages
- Unlimited communication
- Officiating the ceremony
- The prompt signing and mailing of your marriage license after the wedding
How special it is to celebrate happiness and renewed commitment in marriage, whether it’s your First Anniversary, 50th Anniversary, or any other! Reaffirming a loving commitment is a joyous celebration for a couple, their family and friends, and their children. Your Vow Renewal Ceremony will be personalized and heartfelt to reflect the love and uniqueness of your beloved relationship.
With honor and great joy, Rev. Shannon officiates wedding ceremonies for all couples. She celebrates equal rights and is delighted to officiate commitment and wedding ceremonies for members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Everyone deserves to live their lives loving whomever they choose, creating a life of their dreams that includes the partner of their choice.
Short-Notice and Simple Legal Ceremonies
For any number of reasons, you may decide to get married on short notice, and it may be difficult or not particularly desirable to have your wedding in a county courthouse. Rev. Shannon is delighted to work with you on short notice for the perfect ceremony of your dreams, providing you with wonderful memories of your special day.
What to Expect:
- Initial Meeting (no obligation, no cost) – We will schedule time together via Zoom online or in person in Hillsborough, NJ, to discuss the wedding of your dreams. Rev. Shannon will send a questionnaire for you and your beloved to complete and return before the meeting. During the meeting, we’ll review the questionnaire, so Rev. Shannon can really get to know your wishes for your wedding and your future married life. Any questions you may have will be answered. Your wedding date and time will be held for 10 days after this consultation, so you have plenty of time to make a decision before signing an agreement.
- 50% Deposit and Agreement – due within 10 days of initial meeting to complete booking of ceremony.
- Ceremony Planning Meeting – In person in Hillsborough, NJ, or via Zoom online, we will discuss options for your ceremony, any special aspects of your ceremony such as rituals or special loved ones to include in the ceremony, to find out what is important and meaningful. Rev. Shannon will provide examples and confirm with you whether you wish to write your own vows. All aspects of the ceremony are customizable and personalized to be exactly what you would love the wedding of your dreams to be.
- Ceremony Review – Rev. Shannon will email full draft of your ceremony for review well in advance of your wedding date (unless you’d prefer to be surprised!) You are welcome to revise the ceremony draft as much as you would like until it is exactly what you want, and then email the edited draft back. Rev. Shannon wants it to feel perfect – if you’d like additional suggestions or guidance, she is with you every step of the way and happy to help.
- Rehearsal – If you are planning a rehearsal, Rev. Shannon will be there!
- Ceremony – Rev. Shannon will arrive 45 minutes to 1 hour ahead of your ceremony time to meet the other wedding professionals, touch base with you, receive the license from you, and make sure that everything is ready for your ceremony.
- After your ceremony – Rev. Shannon will mail your marriage license in the required timing.
- Cost: $250-1200 depending on location, number of guests, length of ceremony, need for a rehearsal, and distance from Hillsborough, NJ. (Note: eloping “simple, legal ceremonies” are $250).
Rev. Shannon is delighted to offer ongoing support after your wedding date with intuitive spiritual counseling and sacred ceremonies and blessings (New Home, Relocation, Baby Blessings, and others) as you begin your new journey together, please browse Rev. Shannon’s website for additional heart-felt and joyous rituals and ceremonies for all of life’s moments.
Booking Rev. Shannon for your Ceremony
- Please complete the quick inquiry form below or contact Rev. Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (908) 864-7094 to check availability for your wedding date, time, and location, and to set a time for an Initial Meeting.
- An exact price quote will be provided at the time of the Initial Meeting.
- 50% deposit secures your date, time, and location. Remaining 50% due no later than at the Rehearsal and/or day before the wedding.