Baby & Adoption Blessings
A new addition to your family to celebrate!
Baby blessing or adopted child blessing ceremonies serve several purposes, welcoming the child and consciously sanctifying this new soul’s entrance into the world. It is a time to give thanks for the miracle of this new life, acknowledging the parents and commemorating their new role as stewards of this child’s life.
These ceremonies can include a naming ritual, prayer and blessing for the child and parents, symbolic elements to recognize the strengths that a child is given from the family, other heritage and traditional or religious elements that are important to you, recognition of Godparents and/or Grandparents, and/or a water ceremony. Baby Blessings can be done in private homes, halls, outdoors, or any other venue of your choice.
What to Expect:
- Initial Meeting (no obligation, no cost) – We will schedule time together via Zoom online or in person in Hillsborough, NJ, to discuss all of the details of the Blessing Ceremony that you would like to have for your baby or adopted child. Any questions you may have will be answered. Your date and time will be held for 10 days after this consultation, so you have plenty of time to make a decision before signing an agreement.
- 50% Deposit and Agreement – due within 10 days of initial meeting to complete booking of ceremony.
- Blessing & Ceremony Planning Meeting – In person in Hillsborough, NJ, or via Zoom online, we will discuss options for your ceremony, any special aspects of your ceremony such as rituals or special loved ones to include in the ceremony, to find out what is important and meaningful. Rev. Shannon will provide examples and confirm with you whether you wish to write your own promises for your child. All aspects of the ceremony are customizable and personalized to be exactly what you would like it to be.
- Blessing & Ceremony Review – Rev. Shannon will email full draft of your ceremony for review well in advance of your date. You are welcome to revise the ceremony draft as much as you would like until it is exactly what you want, and then email the edited draft back. Rev. Shannon wants it to feel perfect – if you’d like additional suggestions or guidance, she is with you every step of the way and happy to help.
- Ceremony – Rev. Shannon will arrive 15 to 30 minutes ahead of your time to touch base with you and make sure that everything is ready for your child’s ceremony.
- Cost: $250-850 depending on location, number of guests, length of ceremony/blessing, and distance from Hillsborough, NJ (Note: baby blessings/adoption blessings with immediate family only are $250).
Booking Rev. Shannon for your Baby or Adopted Child Blessing and Ceremony
- Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or (908) 864-7094 to check availability for the date, time, and location, and to set a time for an Initial Meeting.
- An exact price quote will be provided at the time of the Initial Meeting.
- 50% deposit secures your date, time, and location. Remaining 50% due no later than at the Ceremony.